Use Community-Based Philanthropy to Support and Sustain Your ACO and Population Health Objectives
1. Relieve operating expenses short and long term
2. Engage and involve the residents and businesses in your service area
3. Improve the health of your members and increase your operating margins
4. Elevate your brand favorability
5. Stimulate the growth of your fundraising program
6. Bring in new stakeholders to support your mission
7. Protect your nonprofit status
Most hospitals and health systems across the US can link their genesis to philanthropy… the love of humanity. These healthcare organizations were launched on the shoulders of a religious order or a magnificent bequest or contribution from a benefactor.
Today, the intersection of philanthropy and hospital vitality is being revisited in this environment where the average hospital operating margin is razor thin and healthcare reform brings new financial pressures.
Increasingly, savvy hospital CEOs are turning to their advancement office to bring fundraising to the next level and to raise funds in support of population health and ACO financial objectives.